Urban-X – the NYC-based platform for startups reimagining city life – recently announced the 10 elected startups who will make up its 12th cohort.
Over the course of the four-month program, the startups will receive training in environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, go-to-market support, storytelling, seminars, and guidance from Urban-X. They will have the opportunity to work with design, engineering, and brand experts to help them refine and scale their solutions for the commercial market. Additionally, the startups will also be supported by Urban-X’s partner, the venture capital (VC) firm JVP, by having access to JVP’s global network of investors, industrial leaders, and other entrepreneurs.
The Cohort 12 companies include:
- Carbon Blue – (Tel Aviv, Israel) – who is developing marine calcium looping technology that removes CO2 from oceans and returns calcium to maintain the ocean’s natural chemical composition;
- ClimateView – (Stockholm, Sweden) – a software development company for cities working on monitoring and visualization tools for greenhouse gas emissions;
- Dryad – (Berlin, Germany) – provides ultra-early forest fire detection as well as health and growth monitoring solutions for public and private forests;
- factoRee – (Tel Aviv, Israel) who is focused on helping factories better manage their emission-reduction processes;
- FunForm – (New York) – makes building envelope retrofits simple and scalable;
- Gentian – (London) – uses remote sensing data and proprietary machine learning models to accelerate the speed of ecological surveying, while drastically reducing cost;
- Itselectric – (New York City – scalable curbside EV charging with the aim of accelerating the transition to electrified urban transportation;
- Novele – (New York City) – designs, manufactures, and sells energy storage solutions for dense urban environments;
- Seam Social Labs – (New York City) – has an enterprise AI solution to transform community feedback to insights for urban planning and design teams; and
- Urban Dashboard – (Tel Aviv, Israel) – replaces outdated practices and revolutionizes the way real estate professionals plan their next projects with a data-driven SaaS platform for early-stage planning optimization.
“Cohort 12 includes some of the most inventive and devoted technologists we have seen throughout the years,” said Johan Schwind, managing director of Urban-X. “As calls for climate action grow louder across the globe, we are excited to work alongside these changemakers and support them in bringing their visions to life across our cities.”