IDC Government Insights Asia Pacific has opened public voting for its 5th Smart City Asia Pacific Awards (SCAPA) search for the top smart city initiatives in the region (excluding Japan). These awards will recognize the progress cities in the Asia Pacific have made and also provide a forum for sharing the best practices to help accelerate smart city development in the region.
The awards seek to recognize the best projects / initiatives in the following fourteen categories:
- Civic Engagement;
- Digital Equity and Accessibility;
- Economic Development, Tourism, Arts, Libraries, Culture, and Open Spaces;
- Public Health, and Social Services;
- Public Safety – Disaster Response/Emergency Management;
- Public Safety – Smart Policing;
- Smart Buildings;
- Smart Water;
- Transportation – Connected & Autonomous Vehicles, Public Transit, and Ride-Hailing/Ride-Sharing;
- Transportation – Transport Infrastructure;
- Urban Planning and Land Use; and,
- Sustainable Infrastructure.
IDC is seeking applications for successful smart city projects and initiatives in Asia Pacific towns, cities, counties, states, and provinces. Projects must be in some phase of implementation as opposed to theoretical ideas or signed projects that have yet to be started. It employs a rigorous six-phased bench marking exercise to determine the Top Smart City projects which includes identifying and cataloging the key Smart City projects in Asia/Pacific by IDC Analysts across APeJ (50%), online voting to determine public opinion (25%), and the assessment of an International Advisory Council (25%).
Nominations for IDC SCAPA 2019 are open to the public sector and vendor-nominated public projects. Call for Entries will be accepting nominations until the 25th March, 2019