- The US Department of Transportation reported that nearly 80 US cities responded to its Smart City Challenge in 2016.
- The Global City Teams Challenge, an initiative established by the US Department of Commerce boasts participation of 200 local governments from across the globe.
- In 2017, Bloomberg Philanthropy announced a “Mayors Challenge” designed to help more than 300 cities solve their most urgent problems.
- In 2018, City Innovate established a Start-up in Residence program with 80+ startup-friendly government contracting opportunities from 30 government organizations including SF, Las Vegas, Miami, LA, and Portland.
Given the complexity and cost of Smart Community/IoT deployments, most municipalities will benefit from public-private partnerships that can help bring scale to Smart and Connected Community efforts. Research conducted by Connected Communities LLC supports a conclusion that there exist underappreciated affinities between local governments and cable companies and that cable companies are uniquely well suited partners to local governments in Smart & Connected Community initiatives.
Download the white paper to learn more.
- Fill out this form.
- Once submitted, click “Please click here to complete your download”.